IRFC’s CSR & Sustainability Policy has been framed within the ambit of broad policy guidelines of Government of India to address social, economic and environmental concerns of the society in a sustainable manner. This enables us to achieve our CSR mission of clean, green, educated and capable India.
As a responsible corporate citizen committed to achieving larger social goals, we have always remained on the forefront of CSR activities across the country and have made significant contribution towards CSR spending during the last five years.
- Development of Infrastructure and revamping of existing facilities, supply of medical equipments for Baranagar Municipality Hospital in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Part funding of construction of school building, supply of furniture, computers etc. at village Wazirpur, District Gurgaon catering to the poor section of society
- Development of Waste water recycling plant for various railway stations across the country viz. New Delhi Station & Delhi Railway Station.
- Rain water harvesting plants at all major railway stations in Delhi viz. New Delhi & Anand Vihar Terminal, Hazrat Nizamuddin Station & Safdarjung Railway Station.
- Setting up of solar photovoltaic systems, providing solar lanterns and solar powered street lights in villages across India viz. Dhuburi District, Assam and the recent ones in Ladakh and Kargil region of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Setting up of Solar power plant at various Railway Stations in India – viz. Marwah, Rani, Falna , Ranapratap Nagar stations of Ajmer Division, Rajasthan
- Distribution of Aids and Appliances to the People with Disability at Beed (Maharashtra.), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh ), Indore(Madhya Pradesh) and Haridwar/ Rishikesh ( Uttarakhand)
The Financial Commissioner(Railways) and MD, IRFC inaugurated “Audio vesti-bulometry unit” and Cochlear Implant Project at South Eastern Railway Central Hospital, Garden Reach, Kolkata on 30th August.
Dausa Railway Station
100 KWp Solar Power Plant at Dausa Railway Station (Rajasthan) under NWR, Jaipur Division
railway station and toilets
100 KWp Solar Power Plant at Bandikui Railway Station (Rajasthan) under NWR, Jaipur Division
A 3-Day CSR Fair was inaugurated by Shri Anant G. Geete, Union Minister of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
Plant for conversion of bio-waste into electricity and bio-manure has been installed and commissioned at Kishanganj, Delhi.
IRFC hold camps in various part of India to distribute aid devices to the physically challenged. These include hearing aids, wheelchairs etc.